PLAY launches an advertising campaign to present its 5G READY network.
The largest mobile network in Poland, with over 15 million customers is ready for the implementation of 5G technology in Poland. Already today, the Play network is not only the largest, considering the number of customers in Poland, but also the most modern network, using all the latest trends in the development of technological infrastructure. Knowing how important for customers is the quality of services and speed of the Internet, Play starts with the 5G READY network.
Increasing range. Development and expansion of the network is a process spread over several years. In 2018 PLAY built as many as 1316 transmitters, i.e. currently, according to the plan, it has over 7000, and by the end of 2021 it will have 9500 operating stations. This will make it possible to switch off domestic roaming and thus become independent from other operators.
PLAY is technologically ready. Today, PLAY’s 5G READY zones represents 15% of PLAY network sites throughout Poland. PLAY 5G READY network uses 5G technologies:
- MIMO4x4 - (multiple-input and multiple-output) - i.e. increasing the number of antennas receiving and sending signals, this technology allows to increase the speed of data transmission.
- Bandwidth aggregation, i.e. combining bands, allows you to use the Internet at an even higher speed.
- Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (256QAM) allows you to send more data at the same time, which means that by sending a file or downloading photos from the Internet, we will send and download them faster than before, or we will be able to download or send even larger files at the same time that we have been sending these smaller files so far.
- Phase synchronization is needed to dynamically share frequencies between technologies, mitigate and eliminate network disturbances, as well as to be able to use the resources of two base stations at the same time.
- Cloud Air allows dynamic sharing of the same bandwidth between different technologies (e.g. LTE and GSM) - this is moving network resources depending on the demand for a given technology.
The last two, i.e. phase synchronization and cloud air available only in PLAY network.
PLAY works faster. The operator's network is already the fastest in Poland, according to speedtest.pl data tests performed on own networks. And now, thanks to 5G READY, Play customers using recommended devices for the 5G READY network will be able to use the Internet with a speed of about 80-100 Mb/s, reaching even 300-500 Mb/s in optimal conditions. PLAY customers who will be within 5G READY range can watch 4K TV, live broadcasts in high quality, synchronize data in the cloud faster and participate in HD video conferencing.
In order to use the 5G READY network, i.e. higher data transmission speeds, two basic conditions have to be met: firstly, you have to be within range of the 5G READY site, and secondly, you have to have a smartphone or mobile router, which are recommended for the 5G READY network. At the beginning these are the following models: Samsung Galaxy S10E, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S10+, LG V30, LG G7 ThinQ, LG V40, Sony XPERIA XZ3, Huawei P20, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Apple iPhone XS, Apple iPhone XS Max and wifi router: Netgear Nighthawk. All recently presented flagships of leading manufacturers meet the requirements of the 5G READY network.
Additionally, PLAY is going to open the first 6 5G sites in Poland before September. These sites will serve life zones and will be used for actual usage.